Our Neighborhood Association President received a certified letter from Austin Energy dated April 25, 2 018 (read the letter, PDF) advising us that contractors will soon be pruning and removing trees from near the electric lines. They will try to notify property owners ahead of time.
The letter also explains that that property owners may request the following actions from Austin Energy and its Contract personnel.
- You may request an on-site meeting with a Contractor representative to review the proposed tree work
- You may request an on-site meeting with an Austin Energy employee to discuss the proposed tree work
- You may request to have a third party present during the meetings
- You may request modifications to the proposed tree work
- You may request to not have trees removed on your property
- You may request to be present when the tree work is performed
- You will receive a written work plan (VWP) documenting the final plan for your property
- You may request pricing on potential electric system modification to minimize or reduce tree work
For questions or concerns, contact Craig Stoughton at (512) 505-7546.